So hopefully in the next few days I can post everything that I have been wanting too.
We have new members in our family we got them right before Easter.
2 goats- Thomas (the brown one), and Carmel (the blond one). They were bottle fed when we got them. The kids loved it. They would have to feed them before school and at evening right before we ate dinner. The goats had figured out that the people who feed them come out the back door. So when we would let them out to play a little they would always go to the back door and windows, peek inside and yell for MA! hehehe. They since have been weaned and now eat hey and any weeds we would like them to have.
We have 8 hens we have 3 different kinds and I have decided I like the Buff Orpingtons the best. (I'm sure I didn't spell that name right)They seem to be the most easy going. Then we got 4 baby chicks at the store. While the kids and I were out of town a neighbor cat got them and killed 2. Darn!!
Our very Handsome Rooster- his name is Gorge
Then we had a little project going on. Chris wanted to hatch some eggs. We bought some that were fertile and incubated them. The kids really enjoyed this also. They hatched but we only got 5 and then one died. I don't have any pics of them now but I'm sure I will get some. Chris is now trying to hatch some more from our own eggs.
NO WE ARE NOT BECOMING A CHICKEN FARM!!!! I hope :)





No comments:
Post a Comment