Sunday, October 24, 2010

LITTLE HUMANS

A little over a year ago. I got called to be the 1st councilor in the Primary. At the time I thought they were completely crazy but I thought maybe it would be a good experience until they told me I had to teach sharing time once in a while. Then the panic sank in.

Anyone who knows me, knows I like not to be noticed much, and stay in my little corner at church. I do not like public speaking and would probably rather die than to have too. Not that I am scared of the kids it was more of the grown ups that were in the room. I didn't feel confident in my knowledge of the gospel and sometimes I still don't. Also did I mention I had never even been a primary teacher before. Along the way I wanted to give up but had encouragement from some to keep going. (thank you!) I really felt that I would never be good or feel ok with getting up in front of the little humans (hehehe Gray's Anatomy lingo). But I have to say it HAS gotten way better and I realize the other adults are just glad they don't have to teach.

IN FACT TODAY I think I ROCKED!!!

1 comment:

Wild Hair said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better about doing this. I know how you feel about public speaking, it runs in the family. But it does get easier the more you do it. I found that out in Alaska.