Sunday, August 30, 2009

....and we're OFF!!! or NOT!!

On Friday Izzie had a DR. appointment for her leg and the xray looked great. He said it was all healed and ready to take the cast off. Izzie was a little scared when they were taking it off because of the noise and it vibrates really bad so she had a hard time sitting still. Then when it came off they cleaned off her leg. Then told me that we could just hang out for a bit and let her stretch her leg, and when she felt ready, to come out in the hallway and see if she would walk on it. So after a little while when she felt safe again (after that scary experience) we ventured into the hallway. She was really hesitant to put any weight on her leg. But then she did and tried to walk over to Katie. Instantly she was crying hysterically in pain. I felt so so so so so bad. Then after that she would not try and walk. Sooooo the DR. decided that we would put her back into a cast but put it below the knee so she could start gaining strength in her knee. So we will see what happens in 2 more weeks. I was way too excited to give her a real bath, I think that is why things didn't go the way we hoped. hehehe!!

She is such a trooper. She had learned to walk and pretty much run with the other cast that was clear up to her thigh. I think it was pretty amazing. She also has been climbing everything and being her crazy self. Nothing will stop her. So the one she has now is no big deal. Except she keeps slipping on our wood floor.


Izzie and her new cast. Notice the 2 colors. Allie and Katie asked if they could do both and the Dr. was nice and did it for them.
Izzie climbing the outside of the stairs with her old cast.


This is Izzie running around with the girls. Also she is holding a pair of clean underwear (Yes I want you to all know they are clean) that she will go get out of the girls clean clothes baskets. She has recently become obsessed with undee's lately.

This is the reason why I think she is obsessed with undee's right now. Because they are easy to learn how to put on. I wonder how well she will do once her cast comes off for good????

1 comment:

Andy, Suzette,Addie,Jack said...

poor izzie, that is crazy!!! I can't believe they put another one back on. The movie is funny i can't believe that she could still runn around and everything.