Friday, August 14, 2009

UTAH SUMMER TRIP!

We sent Allie up to Utah with some awesome friends who let her hitch a ride with them (Thank You- Carol and Scott) before we were going. We thought it would be fun for her to be able to hang with family and spend time with cousin Hannah for a while. She was up there almost a month before the other kids and I journeyed up there. Chris wasn't able to come with us this year, his work made it mandatory for everyone to work the end of July and all of August. We weren't expecting that but we decided that the kids and I should go anyway. We stayed for 2 weeks and it was really fun to spend time with family and see a few friends. It really went by fast. I wasn't able to see everyone I wanted to.


VISITING
First we had a BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa Cherrington's. We just talked and had a good time. Aunt Jennifer brought a guy that she is dating to it. We all have known him for a really long time and he is an awesome guy. The kids all liked him a lot too. Izzie warmed right up to him. It could have been she just liked his Popsicle. (What do you think?)Addie was so funny Grandma needed to try a winter hat on her to see how it fit. She is making winter hats for a charity. But then she wouldn't take it off. So there she is in the middle of summer eating a Popsicle with a winter hat on. hehehe. She talkes so much now and sais the funniest things. Suz had to come the the BBQ without Andy also. But I was so glad she did. Because the kids and I got to see baby Jack. Cute little baby Jack

CAMPING
Then we went camping up Diamond Fork canyon with my Aunt Jill and her family and friends. We had a good time and so grateful they hooked us up with something to sleep in and on. We went 4 wheeling and rode on the side by side things it was fun. We left a day early because- yes I was scared of bears!!! There were a lot of sightings of bears that week and I felt a little unsafe in a tent with a baby and a little girl. In fact Noah went bear hunting with Uncle Mike and his friend. They treed a bear and its cubs. Noah thought it was really cool. When my Aunt and Uncle were camped up there they treed 2 different mama bears and there cubs. Then when they pulled up to there camp site they saw a bear walk up the mountain by them. I don't remember ever hearing of anyone seeing bears, so it freaked me out a little.

Thank you for the good time Jill!!!!









MOM'S
We were staying at my mom's house for most of the time when were weren't camping. Thanks mom for feeding us and giving us a place to stay. She wasn't home for the first week we were there. She went to Belize with her friend Sherry. When they came home they had fun stories of there great trip. It was fun to hear about there great adventure.


BROKEN
I ended up just being able to visit one old friend of mine Shannon Peterson. We had taken McDonald's to the park so the kids could play and eat while we visited. We had a good time but while we were there I asked Allie if she would take Izzie down the slide since she was trying to eat everything off the ground. You know to keep her occupied. She said sure and went off with her. Then soon after I heard a child crying really bad. It didn't even connect with me that it was my own. It was Izzie crying like I have never heard her cry. She is a really tough baby and doesn't cry much. I asked Allie what had happened and she said as they were going down the slide Izzie's foot slid off her lap and got caught up between her leg and the slide. She wasn't sure what was hurt. So I took Izzie an calmed her down and then tried to see if she would walk. She instantly started to cry again. I wasn't sure if her foot or leg was hurt that bad or if it was a little bit of exhaustion she was so tired since it was getting to be dark out. So I loaded the kids up in the car and said my good bye's to my friend and we headed over to Grandma Cherrington's since Katie had planed to spend the night with them. I figured by the time I got there Izzie would have gotten a little cat nap in and I would be able to judge her injury better without the drama of being tired.




When we got there she woke up and I tried to see if she would walk. She wouldn't put any weight on her right leg and would wine about it. So I asked Grandma and Grandpa if they would watch the kids for me while I took Izzie to the ER. There definitely was something wrong. Aunt Jen was there and I asked her if she would come with me. She was happy too. (Thank You ).




We got to the ER and the Dr. was feeling her leg and trying to figure out what was wrong. It was so funny cus Izzie wasn't crying or anything she was just looking at him weird. Then he want to see if she could walk. She tryed so hard to walk but just couldn't put any weight on her right leg. She wanted to get the Dr.'s stethoscope. They did xrays and she had fractured the big bone in her shine all the way threw. It didn't move or anything so all they had to do was splint it until they made sure it wasn't going to swell or be done swelling. But our insurance wouldn't pay for any follow up visits in a different state so we had to wait tell we returned home to get it casted. Poor baby she was so tough.

ELKINS FAMILY REUNION 2009
Then we went to Chris's family reunion. We had a good time. We always do the kids play with all the fun little cousins and I enjoy visiting. I really didn't get very good pics but here are the few I got. Jennifer's boyfriend came to say hi at the end of one of the days and gave all the kids a ride on his motorcycle they thought that was great.









KADE'S 1ST BIRTHDAY!!

We were lucky because while we were there it was cousin Kade's first Birthday. So we got to celebrate with them.

OUT OF TIME
There was so much I wanted to do when I was there. But I ran out of time. I would have stayed a little longer but I had to get home because of Izzie's leg. Also the first few days after she hurt it she was in some pain so I didn't go do much. But there is always next time. We all had a great time and Thanks to everyone. We love you!!!

1 comment:

Nelson Family said...

Soo sad about Izzie! I'm so sorry! And I feel bad we were never able to connect! Next time! :) I'm jealous that you got to see Shannon though. Where has that girl been! I wanna see her! :)