Ok I don't know if this has happened to anyone else. But I feel like the worst mom ever. Allie was playing with some friends about 2 wks ago . I was watching her run across the street and she tripped and fell. (That is normal for her she is well known for being very klutzy) But she usually is tuff and gets up and blows it off. But she came in crying holding her wrist, she also was really tired from playing hard. So I gave her some ice to put one her wrist and told her to rest for a little bit and it would probley feel better. Well it really was still bothering her the next day but it didn't swell or look funny or anything so Chris said that she could wear a brace we had so she could use her arm we thought maybe she sprained it a little or pulled some muscles. She wore the brace for like 4 days and took it off and went all weekend without it and didn't complain. But on Tuesday I was helping her try on a dress and I pulled her arm through the hole and she instantly started to cry. She said her wrist still hurt. So the next day I made a Dr. Appt for her and took her in. Our Dr. sent us to get X-rays, Well she had fractured it. She went a week 1/2 with a broken wrist and I didn't even think it was serious. Since she was getting baptized this weekend the Dr. said she could just wear a brace if she promised to wear it all the time. But she could take it off to be baptized. That was good news at least.
I feel like a terrible mom. I should have just taken her in but I thought if it was serious it would swell a little or something.
She seems to think it is pretty cool though she took her x-rays for show-and-tell today.
No comments:
Post a Comment